EAQ Management Conference “Build to Last”
Dear friends of quality!
Estonian Association for Quality is inviting you to join our management conference “Build to Last” on the 25-26th of January 2023.
Venue: Ülemiste City, Öpiku Conference Center, Valukoja 8, Tallinn, and Elisa Stage
The conference focuses on values and models that help organizations to create lasting results in times of rapid change.
Recently, it is being discussed whether crises and cluster crises will ever end, when will it get easier, or is constantly being in a crisis our new normal?
The 2023 management conference of the Estonian Association for Quality does not foresee the future and does not seek answers to questions. However, we can have a say in the topic of sustainable operation, which is essential during the crisis.
During the two days (conference and workshops) we will focus on values and models that help to be strong, resilient, and successful in difficult times. We are talking about levers that help organizations to be ready for rapid changes; about sustainable long-term functioning, which is important during crises; and about what we need to be ready for in Estonia considering the current situation in the world. We are talking about value-based management and how to “sell” it to the customer, and of course when we discuss sustainability, we also talk about our CO2 footprint and giving new value to the old. You can hear about the experiences of both smaller companies and larger organizations in managing the effects of a crisis and the lessons that have helped them get through the crises.
Conference programme for the 25th of January:
09.00 – 09.30 Registration and morning coffee
09.30 – 11.20 OPENING SESSION
- 09.30 Baldur Kubo, moderator
- 09.35 Siret Kegel, Chairman of the Board, Estonian Association for Quality
- 09.40 – welcome speech, speaker to be specified
- 09.50 Lars Sörqvist, President, International Academy for Quality (IAQ), (Sweden). “On the Relationship between Quality and Sustainbility”
- 10.20 Mari Kooskora, Sustainability Senior Expert (KPMG). ‘’Ethics and Responsibility – Path to Sustainable Development’’
- 10.50 Kalev Stoicescu, Research Fellow, International Centre for Defence and Security (ICDS). “Current World Situation: What to Prepare for in Estonia.”
11.20 – 11.50 ENERGY PAUSE
11.50 – 13.20 VALUE-BASED MANAGEMENT
- 11.50 Recognitions: Quality Deed 2022 & Quality Face 2022, Quality Innovation Award 2022
- 12.20 Thomas-Joachim Fritsch, Director Business Excellence, Robert Bosch GmbH, (Germany). “passion4excellence”
- 12.50 Villiko Nurmoja, Co-founder, COO, Sensus Q. Implementation of task-oriented management in quality management, challenges in a (too) rapidly developing company.
- Value-Based Vision. To be confirmed.
13.20 – 14.10 LUNCH
14.10 – 15.40 GREEN TRANSITION AND SUSTAINABILITY
- 14.10 Kristi Klaas, Deputy Secretary General, Ministry of the Environment of the Republic of Estonia. ‘’CO2 Footprint and the Direction of Green Transition’’
- 14.25 Sirle Arro, Head of Marketing and Communication Department, Port of Tallinn, ‘’Sustainable Development and Responsibility’’
- 14.50 Indrek Adler, Member of the Board, Foxway “Circular Economy. New Value for an Old Thing“
- 15.15 Maija Pohjakallio, VP Climate and Circular Economy, Metsä Group. “Accelerating the Forest Based Circular Economy with Partnerships and Innovations”
15.40 – 16.00 ENERGY PAUSE
16.00 – 17.30 CORE VALUES. TRUST
- 16.00 Triin Vihalemm, Professor of Communication Studies, University of Tartu, “Trust and Crises”
- 16.30 Christian Mayeur, Partner and CEO, ZIA’RT, MAYEUR ZARROUK Consulting (France). “Total Trust: How to Turn Values into Performance”
17.15 – 17.30 SUMMARY AND CLOSING
The programme can be subject to change.
Workshops on the 26th of January:
- „Total Trust – Responsibility in Action“ is a workshop led by conference keynote speaker Christian Mayeur, which introduces a practical tool for creating total trust at all levels of the company and in all relationships. This methodology, based on a biological management approach practiced in more than 20 countries, helps to increase innovation capacity, develop cooperation and achieve better results. The workshop is in English without translation.
- „In times of change creating changes yourself brings confidence“ is a problem solving workshop aimed primarily at technology enthusiasts, where the service design method is used to find a solution under the leadership of Ly Palang (Fujitsu Estonia AS). The workshop will be held in Estonian.
„Build to Last“ is a hybrid conference – it is possible to participate both on site in the Öpiku Conference Center (Tallinn, Ülemiste City) and online using Elisa Stage platform. The conference is recorded and can be viewed for 6 months in the Elisa Stage environment and afterwards on the Estonian Association for Quality training website.
Presentations are in English and Estonian with simultaneous interpretation, for the recordings the participants will be able to choose between languages.
We are waiting to attend the conference: CEOs, quality managers, process managers, development managers, risk managers, HR managers, environmental managers, sustainability managers, and everyone else for whom quality, values, trust and sustainability are words with a deeper meaning.
Early Bird pricing applies until the 31st of December 2022.
|EAQ management conference Build to Last and workshops||Conference||Workshop “Total Trust”|
|EAQ member virtual participant||255||–|
|Non-member virtual particioant||399||–|
|EAQ member price||399||200|
|VAT is added to the prices|
Register to the conference and workshops here: https://form.jotform.com/213275092848058
EAQ management conference is supported by